BEER. Now that I have your attention…
It’s KILLING me that the FRx feature View Subtotals continues to go missing from Management Reporter.
It will make your Management Reporter lives sooo much easier.
Without it, you have to export to excel, parse data, and create a pivot in order to see a summary of your natural accounts.
Here’s a subtotals timeline:
- At Convergence 2007, Microsoft said that in 2009, Sierra (what would become Management Reporter) “will have the functionality of FRx 6.7 today”.
- At Convergence 2008, Subtotals were in the ‘Not Planned, Looking for Feedback’ list. I gave plenty of feedback :)
- At Convergence 2010, Microsoft suggested not migrating to Management Reporter if you needed output to subtotals.
- At Convergence 2011, things had deteriorated to the ‘suggestion database’.
- In April 2012, in an unpublished document, “We have this as a scenario we are prioritizing for a future release.” Excellent!
- At Convergence 2013, I was surprised that things were back to ‘we’re tracking this’ and ‘please use the suggestion database’.
So let’s take a look at the suggestion database. I did some legwork re the Connect site. That’s what Microsoft uses to track suggestions.
Unfortunately I found 4 different entries that discuss subtotaling, and the total number of votes is 37. But this is the one entry of the four that has the most votes:
Anybody interested in this—please go vote!
You’ll need a Windows Live id to get into the site. You can only vote once, but as Mark Polino says, “you can enlist your co-workers”.
How cool would it be to band together and see this added to the product.
And I’m not above a bribe—go vote and I’ll buy you a beer at Convergence 2014.